Thursday, September 30, 2010

A prayer

I decided as part of my commitment to prayer, that I would try on His Word for my own words and let the powerful word of God do alot of my talking.

In the next few weeks, over the course of the Autumn I will post some of these prayers here on the blog and if you so desire, make them your own. One of the other beautiful things I've learned about Prayer is that it is for us individually and intimately, but for everyone as well. May you find encouragement in discovering a passage of scripture anew and a fresh way to apply it to life no matter your background or beliefs.

Colossians 1:9-14

Today, I am asking You, God, to fill me with the knowledge of your will through spiritual wisdom and understanding.

And I pray this in order that I may:
Live a life worthy of you, Lord
Pleasing you in every way
Bearing fruit in every good work
Growing in the knowledge of you
Being strengthened with all power according to your glorious might

So that I may have:
Great endurance
Patience
Joyfully giving thanks to my Father

Who has qualified me to share in the inheritance of the saints

For you have rescued me from darkness and brought me into the kingdom of the son You love, in whom I have total redemption and forgiveness of my sins

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...