Monday, June 13, 2011

A Weekend in the Country

On the Friday I was stolen away by my sister for a two-night getaway in honor of my upcoming birthday.

There's really nothing like a weekend in the country....

The quiet grounds of a quaint and friendly bed and breakfast...

...The oldest General Store in Alberta in the picturesque hamlet of Carvel....




...And all the gorgeous and curious things we found there....





A baby girl along for the ride who didn't mind a bit all the stopping and snooping and shopping her mama and I wanted to do...


....Especially since we stopped for a picnic at a little lake and let her stretch out for a rest beneath the trees.



The Historic Sites of the first generations that settled our neck of the woods... Doctors, farmers and honest hardworking people, and all the lovely reminders of the way they lived...


I of course kept falling in love with everything in the shops that was not for sale; wooden crates, grain sacks and milk tins... sigh. ( but I did bring a few gems home with me to share  later. ;)



 Some things were just plain crafty and you better believe I plan on sewing up some of these adorable stuffed veggies in the near future!



Yes, there's nothing like a weekend in the country, and nothing like the sweetest birthday present ever.
Most of all there's nothing like a sister....

....absolutely nothing  could be so wonderful as that.




Love you Bre!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...