Wednesday, May 25, 2011

{Yarn Along}

I almost missed it, and was hoping Ginny from "Small Things" who started Yarn Along would be absent and that would mean she was having her baby....alas, this morning there she was along with a host of others you can check out here.




I've been working on this little newborn sweater for my brother and sister-in-law's baby girl that should also be here any day now, and I'm getting pretty excited!

The sweater is from a pattern I made myself with a few alterations on the sweater I made in this post. I call it a "100- stitch sweater" because you start with a chain of 100 stitches and work up from there. I think I'll try to get the pattern ironed out and post it here soon for anyone else who wants to give it a go. I'm  beginner crocheter so it's a nice and easy sweater.

An update on the Jute Doily... I am pulling out a row of stitches.... grrr.....But all your kind encouragements last week have inspired me to keep going with it, and we'll see what comes of it!


And in reading, the kids and I are on chapter 18 already of Charlotte's Web by E.B. White.
I could gush on and on and on about this book which is one of my personal favorites and I believe, one of the best books ever written.

Every time I read it, I am swept away by the simple beauty of White's prose and the profound themes.  I laugh out loud and I guarantee you, I will cry when we get to the next few chapters... heck, I even tear up at the beginning of chapter 15 when the crickets start heralding the end of summer....

anyway, here's to hoping next week the Jute Doily will be conquered, Wilbur's life will be spared by his spider friend, a newborn niece might be in her new sweater and Yarn Along might just be canceled for another new born too...

cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...