Monday, August 16, 2010

Where I've been

I've been around... but my internet was fried by a freak lightning storm back in July and wasn't put back into commission until August 6. The amount of time without internet was actually deliciously freeing and I found I hardly opened the laptop for any reason. This translated into lots of time for other things such as reading, getting nagging tasks done around the house and that often neglected thing called "quality time" with one's family. It's left me a little loath to plunge back into my computer dependency and so I will see if I can still be as committed to posting if I don't post as often. (Often I'll drop something all together if I don't do it every day; am I the only one?)

We've also been doing our share of traveling and camping so far with mixed results.

Let me tell you there's nothing like being stuck in a sketchy campground in Rimbey AB with two little babies relying on the kindness of strangers for a 9p.m. swim in a hotel pool after some super sketchy mashed potato supper to bring a family together.

Mostly I've had the time to pursue the goals of my manifesto quite diligently, although my hanging basket of flowers by the door is all but dead. (the bushes and shrubs are my pride though). It's been a wonderful summer and it's hard to believe there's only one week left until Kev is back at work.

Still to come in the next week, is a trip to Calgary with my Mother and sisters in law, a first consultation with the eye surgeon (gulp) and maybe one or two more naps. :)

The blog shall continue,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...