Friday, September 2, 2011

A little Sewing here and there.

I'm joining up this week for the first time with Natural Suburbia for her "Creative Fridays"; sharing some of this, that and the other that's been going on in my sewing room as of late.

My machine has made another move in the sewing room and now sits facing the windows out the front of the house. I can look over the rooftops around me and enjoy the clouds and sunshine and rainy drizzle, and that has made me LOVE being at my little table with the machine whirring under my finger tips and foot pedal.

This last week I had some mending to do, tailoring a ton of my husbands dress shirts for the start of a new school year, but thankfully that was broken up with some gifting as well and I got the distinct pleasure of making a couple baby items and of course my favorite project of choice; an apron for my sister in law L.


It has a side tying sash and looks absolutely adorable on her, trust me... I've seen her try it on. 
Doesn't it just make you want to whip up homemade salsa or something? Anyway, I digress....

Then it was onto the baby goods!


 I chose to embellish these plain undershirts for my friend B.'s new baby Khaira. Khaira's mommy  and dad are very conscious of the food they eat; conscious is maybe the wrong word... they are downright passionate about food and everything that goes with it. The growing of it, cooking of it and eating of it, so I thought it only fitting that that little Khaira needed some t-shirts ready to wear to the Farmer's market.


and of course they needed ruffles on the bum...cause honestly, how could they not?

Now, I'm onto sewing up some stuffed veggies of another kind for my niece and I'll post next week how they came along, as well as the bird mobile I have finally finished for my other little niece Fiona....so many babies.... so little time. 

Thank goodness sewing for them is so fun!

cheers and happy weekending!

4 comments:

  1. Your projects are gorgeous! Thanks for posting on Creative Friday.
    Warmly
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little apron! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The apron is great and I LOVE the onesies!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...