Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Cradle Full of Yarn...

For Yarn Along this week I wish I had a bunch of finished projects to show you... or at least something new started... I'd even settle for some progress made on something on-the-go. Instead, I've got this...



Behold my stash of projects the site of my "yarning along", tucked next to the sofa and toted to various rooms of the house when the moment for a couple rows presents itself (frankly, not often enough this week.) In this messy pile are some finished and unfinished hats for Japan, an -oh-so-close-to-being-done baby sweater for an -oh-so-close-to-being-born baby niece, a jute doily, a pillow-cover, a scarf, a doll cardigan and something I can't remember...

All this mishmash is held in this little vintage babydoll cradle I scored at an Antique store back in the winter, and it makes me so happy with all it's cracks and flaky adornment of little Jack Horner with a plumb on his thumb. I suppose it would have been nice for me to show you this charming little piece without all my mess in it, but now you see it as it stands in my living room, making a clumsy pile of mismatched yarn into something that invites me and my needles to sit a stay a while.



And while I am sitting and staying, I've been reading up on yet another gardening book. If there's anything I love more than a good gardening book these days it's one with great information, well laid out  and full of great, straightforward pictures.  I think I just might add this title to the list of gardening books I should own as reference rather than just perennially taking it out from the library, although that list is growing at an alarming rate these days....

Anyways, perhaps next week I will have yarned myself along to something worth showing, but for now I'll enjoy looking at everyone else's projects shared at Small Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...